This repository belongs to the
Bavarian Archive for Speech Signals (BAS)
hosted by the Institute of Phonetics and Speech Processing (IPS)
at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU),
Munich (MUN), Germany (GER).
The repository has been set up within the Clarin-D project
(funded by the BMBF)
Conditions of Use
The Bavarian Archive for Speech Signals at the
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (BAS) provides online
access to speech resources and their metadata subject to the following
Conditions of Use. The BAS may amend these Conditions of Use at any
time by posting amended versions on this website.
- By downloading or accessing a BAS resource you acknowledge these
'Conditions of Use' as they were displayed at the time of
- BAS speech resources and their metadata can be accessed or
downloaded depending on their license model:
(a) resources marked with PUB ('public') can be accessed/downloaded
without any restrictions.
(b) resources marked with ACA ('free for science') can be
accessed/downloaded by any member of an academic institution (i.e.
can be authenticated via a Shibboleth authentication service; in
case your institution does not provide such service, please obtain a
CLARIN IDP account here); downloaded resources may only be used for
research purposes, if not stated otherwise.
(c) resources marked with RES ('restricted') can only be
accessed/downloaded by obtaining a BAS user license (contact
to obtain a BAS user license, or if you
already are in possession of a BAS user license and want to obtain an
access code for this repository), and may be used according to the
terms stated in your BAS user license.
The BAS reserves the right to grant or deny access to the
resource server any time.
- The copyright of the accessed or downloaded speech resources stay with
their respective copyright holders as stated in the documentation of the
- The user is not allowed to disseminate downloaded speech resources or
parts of them or processed versions of them to third parties. This does not
apply to metadata (OAI-DC or CMDI) which can be distributed without any
- The user agrees to protect the privacy of the recorded speakers of
the resource and to avoid any non-ethical usage of the signals or meta
- The user will indemnify and hold the BAS harmless from any claim arising
out of the use of the speech resources. Disclaimer: the use of the speech
resources and their metadata is at own risk. All data are provided on an "as
is" basis. The BAS expressively disclaims all warranties of any kind.
- For monitoring purposes each transaction on the BAS server will be logged internally and by an external non-public monitoring service of the CLARIN consortium. Internal logging information is confidential and will not be released to third parties. External logging information will be anonymized (stripped from personal information) and made accessible to partners of the CLARIN consortium for the purpose of deriving usage statistics regarding the webservices. The user agrees to these monitoring policies.
- Limitation of liability: the BAS will not be liable for any
damages resulting from the use of the speech resources and their
Latest update: February 3rd 2016